Them racist coppers again:
Apparently PCSO Steve is too white and male. To be quite frank, he is VERY white. "Male" is less apparent. Still, this fellow is apparently based on a real PCSO, ironically named Stephen King. I certainly felt a chill of horror when I clicked around the BBC website and saw him staring back at me.
Once again, the Met have been accused of failing to take into account minority communities, yada yada yada. Did anyone even consider that there could be a petite female Asian officer inside the above suit? I am just sick of the anti-racist brigade. I mean, it doesn't seem to matter how many Inquiries, Reports, Commissions or Policies come about, people STILL want the police to be less racist. They consistently fail to take into account the massive strides police forces have taken against racism.
- Blandshire Constabulary now teaches Diversity lessons even to Black and Asian officers!
- Only one, ONE innocent person has been shot recently in the name of Arab terrorism.
- Police applicants get questioned in detail on their racist attitudes. Those officers declaring they would carry out systematic extermination of ethnic minorities will generally NOT be allowed into the force, and instead will have to reapply in six months when they have more life experience.
- There are now more options than ever on the list of "Ethnic Classifications".
[If I was FORCED to recommend a few simple steps the police could take to erradicate racism in their ranks, they would be:
- Include a check-box on the stop-and-account form to be ticked if the stop was carried out due to the person's skin colour alone.
- Include a check-box on the police application form to tick if the applicant is racist.
- Place large inflatable white male PCSO Steves by the door to every nick and encourage officers to burst them with pins as they enter.]
Copyright of PC Bloggs.